Monday 3 March 2014

Guild Ball Kickstarter

Shark, team captain of the
Fisherman's Guild
I've recently backed my first Kickstarter, deciding to put my money behind the new sports wargame Guild Ball. It's well worth checking out, the concepts and artwork are fantastic and the models they've been producing so far look amazing.

I've gone in at the £50 for two teams level which will give me enough to run a game with to demonstrate to others who are interested and I'm currently leaning towards using the Fisherman and the stretch goal Brewers teams. Having seen the quality of the resin models they've posted photos of so far I'm very tempted to up my backing to upgrade from metal to resin, it's another £35 to get both teams in resin but it does look like it will be worth it.

They've now released a Quick Play Rules pack to demo the game, so I'm looking into arranging a few sessions of this. It looks like a few other people are getting behind this game locally, so with any luck I'll not be short of a game when it's released and I may just be able to get a few more people interested with a few sessions.

Guild Ball have both a website and a Kickstarter. They're also active on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and TwitchTV.



No comments:

Post a Comment