Thursday 4 July 2013




































Here they are, my three games from Warhammer World.


Game 1 - Relic/Hammer and Anvil vs Orks


Playing against an Ork army racing about in Trucks and a Battlewagon. Managed to do plenty of harm to the transports with Tesla Destructors, Voltaik Staffs and tons of Gauss. As expected I struggled a bit whenever the Orks reached combat, but a few times had them in a position where once combat ended I could shoot down the unit. Got a win on this one, 5-1.


Game 2 - Purge/Dawn of War vs Space Wolves


Castled up in one corner while the Space Wolves hid some missile launcher Longfangs behind a Defence Line and sent in most of his army in Drop Pods. Luck was on my side when the units coming out of Drop Pods didn’t wipe any of my squads, so I was able to make Reanimation Protocol rolls and turn my guns on the new arrival. Game ended after I took all his models off the table, leaving a Dread in a Drop Pod still in reserve, didn’t take a note of the final score.


Game 3 - Emperor’s Will/Vanguard Strike vs Orks


Another game against Orks, but this one was just 2 squads of Nob Bikers each led by a Warboss. They were fast, tough and hit hard and had me on the ropes most of the game. I managed to pull his squads off to different sides of the board by splitting of bait squads to draw them out, but he was gradually grinding through these and I was running out of models. I got super-lucky in turn 5 where one of his squads rolled a 1” consolidation move where anything else would have put them onto an objective, and the game ended there. Final score a very lucky 5-3 win.



So, 3 wins overall. Pleased with the result, even if the last one was a win I didn’t entirely deserve I did manage to keep my eye on the objectives and pull it back. Definitely want to go down to Warhammer World again, hopefully for one of the Throne of Skull tournaments around Sept/Oct time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment