Saturday 30 June 2012




















My final battle of the tournament was against Imperial Guard, and this was a close one!


One objective each, I started confident that I could hold mine and contest his. Sadly this confidence turned to carelessness and I didn’t hold back my Warriors where they could advance from behind cover onto my objective in the last turn. My opponent took full advantage of this and destroyed them with artillery, forcing me to play for a wipeout victory over him.


The Crypteks, who had been pretty fail in their game against Sisters, recovered their earlier ability and started blowing up tanks from the word go! Scarabs helped finish off any tanks that proved too resilient for the Eldritch Lances to take out by themselves, and the C’tan avenged my Warriors by scrapping his artillery. At that stage we were on turn 5, and only an injured squad of Guardsmen remained at his objective, which my C’tan was in range to contest. At least I would be in range to contest for the draw!


It all came down to the shooting at my C’tan, and with two wounds left he failed both his invulnerable saves leaving the Guardsmen holding the objective and the game over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment