Thursday 19 July 2012
















Decided to give my Necrons a break, and try out some of the new psychic powers in 6th Ed. I did consider rolling out my Ulthwe Eldar, but I’ve been having an urge to use my Chaos list for a while so brought that along instead, taking on a force of Imperial Guard.


The list uses the Space Wolves codex so that I can use Terminators as troops, but I’ve converted, green-stuffed and begun painting them as Slaaneshi renegades. For 2000 pts I brought along Logan Grimnar, 2 Rune Priests and a Wolf Lord as my HQ, 2 units of Terminators for troops, 3 Dreadnoughts in my elites slots and a Land Raider for heavy support. The game was Hammer and Anvil (long deployment) and Crusade (standard objectives).


To put it simply, things did not go well! The first few turns my good armour saves kept me alive, but from turn 3 things turned against me. My opponent started blasting up my armour, and my Terminators came into the killing range of a LOT of focused firepower.


Foot slogging across the table like I did was a mistake, if I was planning to do that again I’d need to bring a lot more Terminators instead of armour. Ideally I’d like to try putting my guys in drop pods and firing straight at the enemy.


For some reason 6th Edition just isn’t working for me. I think part of it is that I’ve only p,ayes a few games. On top of that my armies weren’t particularly optimised in 5th, and they’re definitely not set up appropriately for 6th. Of course this all works nicely to Games Workshop’s advantage; I want to buy a lot of new models!

No comments:

Post a Comment